Thursday 15 March 2012

Work experience at Nicholas Kirkwood summer 2011

Every student in order to get in a good uni and get a nice job needs to do the internship or have some kind of work experience. In some places they even require the resume that you have been working somewhere.

Last summer for 3 weeks Ive been doing an internship with brilliant show designer Nicholas Kirkwood. Ive learned a lot about the group of people you have to work with, paper work and how you fill in all the documents. Also learned the arranging of files in  the fashion world. I worked on 5B Mount Street, there is a shop and the studio where I was working just the next door from the shop. 

The people there are very friendly and will help you any time if you have any questions. I was working from 10 till 6. I got tired... but I also made friends there and had an awesome time getting into such experience and NOW looking forward to a new work experience! As I am really into fashion and all that, I was thinking about doing some sort of job in Grazia magazine as its my FAV or Christie's ....but its very hard to get in and you have to apply a year in advance indeed....

So I'll keep you posted on how it all goes :) If you have any advices let me know!

Here are some pics of Nicholas Kirkwood's boutique on Mount Street :)






The photos were taken from Kirkwood's official web site:
www.nicholaskirkwood.com



2 comments:

  1. WOW! So jealous that you were able to get an internship at Nicholas Kirkwood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering, Was it by personal connection or you contacted NK yourself to get a work experience placement? I would love to do one there! beats Waterstones any day :D

    ReplyDelete